What a whirlwind the past few weeks have been just a few months ago few of us had heard of Corona Virus. Little did we know that it would effect each and every one of us and the world we live in and put your Summer 2020 Morzine MTB Holiday into question.
Understandably you have questions about your Morzine summer holiday during these uncertain times and hopefully this page will help answer some of these.Obviously the situation is ever changing, so we have created this page to keep you up to date with your current Morzine summer holiday booking or reassurance if you were looking to book a holiday for Morzine Summer 2020.
As of 4th July, blanket Quarantine restrictions are set to be lifted across Europe based on a traffic light system. France has received the GREEN LIGHT, meaning you will now be able to travel to and from France without quarantine. Meaning Summer holidays are a go!
The Good News: - The Bikeparks are opening! Les Gets bike park is open already, people are riding bikes and mountain life is starting look normal again.
- France is opening its borders on 15th June on a reciprocal basis.
- Accommodation, Hotels, Bars & Restaurants have been given the green light to open in France, with adjustments to allow for social distancing & increased hygiene.
- Many airlines such as Easyjet, plan to start operating again as of the 15th June.
- Quarantine Free travel is looking very likely from July onwards.
29th May Latest Update: On the 27th May the UK Prime Minister announced that anyone arriving in the UK by air, train or ferry would have to self isolate for two weeks – including returning British nationals. This measure was to come into place on June 8th and to be reviewed every 3 weeks.
To stimulate tourism in France, the French Government has opened their borders to countries within the EU, without a 14-day self isolation period. The French Government are doing this purely on a reciprocal basis, putting a lot of pressure on the UK government to remove the 14-day self isolation period for people travelling from France.
If you are still with us at this stage you can see that the situation is constantly changing, which is why patience is key at this stage, until things become clearer. There are a lot of contradictory articles in the news, so be careful what you choose to believe, the best place for UK travel advice is on the Government website here.
Airlines are planing to restart their UK to France operations as of Mid-June and aim to be running nearly 80% of their scheduled flights by July.
The European Union Commission has released a document outlining the reopening of borders and tourism for this summer, it is a very lengthy document and does not give any specific dates but does give a general guideline if you wish to read it here.
In the meantime, sit tight. We are in constant talks with the Government, Travel Industry and Local Tourism Office, as soon as we have any solid news that will effect your summer holiday. You will be the first to know.
EXISTING BOOKINGS If you have an existing booking with Bike Morzine for Summer 2020, rest assured that we are doing all we can to support you during these tough times. We are constantly working on flexible holiday solutions to keep your mountain biking holiday dreams alive, safe & realistic.
- At this stage (11/6/20) we fully intend to provide epic mountain bike holidays for the Morzine summer season, the new dates for this season at 27th June - 20th September.
- Deposits are non-refundable, however we will allow you to change the dates of your holiday to any date later in the 2020 season , free of charge. Changes can be made up to 4 weeks before your holiday, providing your full balance has been paid.
- Non-receipt of final payments will be taken as a cancellation of your holiday as per our T&C's. You will be alerted 3 times via email when your final balance is due, please reply with a request to change the dates of your holiday. If we do not receive a reply or full payment your trip will be cancelled and your deposit will not be refunded. Please get in touch if you are struggling to make your final payment or wish to change your dates.
NEW BOOKINGS We are currently accepting new bookings for Summer 2020. As of 30th March 2020, any new bookings for Summer 2020 will be fully refunded in the event of a cancellation due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
It is essential that you can provide proof you were not able to purchase travel insurance at the time of booking your holiday and that the FCO advise against travel to Morzine. To avoid this cancellation policy being abused this offer is only applicable if both of these conditions are met.
It is essential to have holiday insurance in place for your Morzine MTB Holiday. If the UK Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against travel to your holiday destination then your holiday insurance should cover a full refund, if purchased pre-pandemic. Depending on your insurance there may also be other exceptions such as travel disturbances, health worries or loss of income. If you are planning on cancelling your holiday, you should speak with your travel insurance provider to check their terms & conditions.
CANCELLATIONS If you are thinking about cancelling your trip, please get in touch and we can help guide you through the process.
Our usual cancellation policy applies which can be found here. We strongly advise changing the dates of your trip to later in Summer 2020 rather than cancelling your holiday and losing your deposit. Please note, the none payment of your final balance will result in the cancellation of your holiday. And we feel like everyone will deserve a holiday after this blows over!
We thank you for your support & patience during these uncertain times, we aim to be 100% transparent with you and as things change you will be the first to know.